Olo – Second firing result and photographing

After the second firing at 1260 the results were much better, the glaze was matt. the only issue I came across was that the top where the light would come through was very messy. After the firing, I hoped I could sand away the edges to have a cleaner finish but I couldn’t. I will still photograph my work but I’m not confident in displaying them in the show.  I was very happy with the orange/red colour I achieved.

Photo 02-05-2019, 5 01 13 pm.jpg

With this in mind, I didn’t want the form to go to waste so I decided as I have plenty of bisque forms which were cast to be very bright ready to glaze, I would leave them bare and see what the results would be after firing.

Photo 02-05-2019, 5 01 07 pm.jpg

I much prefer these lights without the black glaze,  they throw a lot of light into the room. The only issue I see is that the base doesn’t match the delicacy of the porcelain as it’s big, chunky and black. If I was to develop these further, I would design a different base and be more aware of the seam line which is apparent.

black circles

I like this image but my flower arranging skills are awful. I do like how the form looks, it’s what I initially thought at the start of the project, I’ve been able to photoshop the faults in the porcelain, I could still add them to my book.

DSC_0326

Above this photo shows quite well the difference the hues porcelain can give. The dark orange isn’t very bright but it works well for its purpose of a calming product in a dark room.

porcelain round

These pictures look much better, it’s much brighter and photographs well.

%d bloggers like this: