After researching the ACID website I realised the importance of protecting our designs, I remember going to a talk while I was in college by a student who had her work stolen form M&S, here is a link to an article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2172055/Designer-accuses-Marks-amp-Spencer-stealing-work-sold-clothes-strikingly-similar-flower-print-hand-drawn-designs.html it’s very disheartening to thinking big companies do this to new designers, but ACID is a great website that give great advice and support.
- License to use their logo on your emails, stationery, marketing materials, website and social media, product packaging
- Use the ACID brand of deterrence as a 24/7 burglar alarm on your website!
- Uploading your electronic designs and documents to our online Copyright & Design Databank ensures you have third party dated evidence of their existence at very low cost
- Promote your designs and products through our online marketplace and invite buyers to view your new products.
- You are entitled to a free initial period of legal advice for every separate legal query you have during membership.
- Find out how you can manage online infringements with effective website product takedown from major shopping sites.
- ACID has an impressive track record in campaigning for design law reform
- Visit the Members area to find information and practical tips on IP issues, with additional help and advice in a user-friendly format.
- As a member you receive a significant 25% discount on items in the ACID Shop including a large range of downloadable standard legal agreement templates for most business needs.