What to consider/to do list
- Visit Waterloo tea gardens to gather information on their tea set style
- Visit John Lewis for market research
- Look in chain coffee stores (which universal shape have they decided to use? why?)
- Insole court was inspired by Cardiff castle, look into the history of the castle and gather information for this set
- Follow Islamic style of ceramic, look at the form and see how they compare to design sheet thoughts
- Point reference to the building
- Make each piece different, to add sense of character? (vary handles)
- Look into jigger jolly, a popular industrial production method.
- Focus on context a bit more, people can connect stronger o the pieces when they understand the history behind the pieces.
- Market research
- Focus on next five weeks on context and design
- Get inducted on the lathe